Sam of Dobry Designs runs us through this @GenRightOffRoad 600hp LS7 powered Ultra4 racer built for one of the toughest offroad racing events on the planet, King of the Hammers. KOH sees vehicles race at opposite ends of the offroading world at the same time seeing speeds over 100mph across open desert into rock sections that see vehicles doing single-digit speeds, or sometimes even less as they hit reverse to try another line or drive around (sometimes even over) a struggling competitor.
Use ‘PODCAST75’ for $75 off your first HPA course here: https://hpcdmy.co/hpa-tuned-in
In this [TECH TOUR] via the @semashow @TorcoUSA stand Connor & Sam discuss:
- What is KOH?
- Cooling for desert racing
- Design fundamentals including 'Rod Ends In Bending' explanation (REIB)
- Oil pressures vs parts reliability and longevity & damaging oil vapour
- Full independent suspension vs solid axle for KOH
- Drag radials as 40" offroad tyres
- Massive ground clearance without the height/COG (center of gravity) issues
- Tyre construction & weight gives huge advantages for mixed terrain & speeds
600hp LS7 based engine with @EdelbrockTV RHS tall deck, All Pro heads, @Compcams1976 COMP cams & Johnsons High Tech Performance driven dry sump system.
Custom Griffin radiator, oil cooler only for summer racing.
Turbo 400 transmission, spool rear one way locker front using Tubeworks 9.5" fork style differential & @AdvanceAdapters1971 Atlas transfer case.
4-wheel independent suspension, double wishbone with a 5-link rear.
Portal axles allow 3:1 diff ratio for high-speed section advantage and less CV breakages
40" @mickeythompsontires Baja Boss tyres on 17" rims.
For more KOH & offroad racing content (thanks for the footage too team!) check out: @jordanpellegrino @jamipellegrino @jordanpellegrino3867 & of course Genright Offroad and Mickey Thompson.
Want to learn how to tune EFI? Start here instantly, and for free: https://hpcdmy.co/tuneb